Wednesday 5 September 2012

Anything But Square

Second post of the day woohoo 

I have found another challenge over at The Crafty Pad and this time it is to make a card from anything but square,



I chose to make a spellbinders Nestabilities - Blossom 4 i folded a sheet of base card in half and placed the biggest of the dies so that a little of the tallest part was hanging over the edge of the fold then ran through my bigshot, Then i used a single piece of card and used the largest die again to make my actual topper part.

I used red ink and a cotton pad (i dont have any of the distress inks) and dabbed the cotton pad in the ink and went round the edges of the topper part of the card and also the bottom layer of the card , as you would if you were using distress inks.

Next i to folded one half of the folded card in half this is what you are going to stick the topper part to, I have used the stamped image Strawberry Tilda coloured in using pro and flexi markers, i then stuck the image onto the topper piece of card so it can form an easel card, I snipped off a tiny bit at the bottom to make it stand straight.

Lastly i used the 2nd smallest die and cut it out also going round the edges with the ink and cotton pad and added foam pads and With Love, and stuck it so my card was standing up.



Please let me know what you think xxx

4 comments:

  1. wow this is brill, great tutorial as well hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! beautiful die! and def not square lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Zoe and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. If you would like to see other blog challenges follow this link and it is updated daily. I hope that helps.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    http://felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab shaped card Zoe !! You've got a great soft effect with your cotton pad !! Thanks for linking up with us at The Crafty Pad this week !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete